Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm A Happy Girl...

Over the past couple weeks, we have added a few things to our home that make me happy.
Silly I know, since they are small things, but I can't help if they make me have a smile on my face.

First, I finally got a tree for the corner of our family room. I have been wanting to put a tree in that empty corner since the day we moved in, and I finally have it! I wasn't expecting to get a Majesty Palm (I wanted something that looked more like a tree), but it was on sale. Now lets just pray I can keep it alive! It makes me happy every time I glance at it.Then, I got an Air Wick air freshener (the kind that sprays when you walk past it). Finally, my house smells pretty! I've been looking for an air freshener since we moved in, and nothing made me happy. I seriously tried EVERYTHING! My journey is over, I'm in love. I love taking a deep breath in and smelling apples, cinnamon apples...it warms my heart. (I'm still open for suggestions, if you have any. I'm looking for something for the guest bath)Then, I finally found my spring/summer wine glasses. Of course we don't drink wine, but I still like using wine glasses. I think they're cute :0)
For fall I found wine glasses that had fall leaves across the top, and for winter I found some with snowflakes across the top. When it came to spring and summer, I couldn't find anything! It was a big deal :) A few days ago I finally found some I could call my spring/summer wine glasses! Now I drink my soda from a nice and pretty wine glass, with a smile on my face!We also got a better vacuum...way better! I didn't think our last one was that bad, but Joe hated it! We were able to return our old one at Wal-Mart, and got a Bissell (we had a Dirt Devil). We LOVE it! I had vacuumed the day we returned our old one, and when we got home with our new one, Joe put it together and started vacuuming. It picked up so much dirt and dog hair that our old vacuum completely missed! I also love that it has rubber wheels...it feels better on the hard wood floors. Now I love vacuuming...which is saying a lot!(All that dirt inside is what it picked up when we vacuumed for the first time. I can't believe how much stuff it picked up!)

And last, but not least, my bushes in the front yard that Joe planted for me a couple weeks ago, are starting to bloom! I LOVE it!!(Once we have all our landscaping complete, I'll do a post showing you all that we've done! Hopefully soon, we only have a couple more things to do.)

As you can see, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy :0)
Now, if I can just paint, buy curtains, get new bedspreads for both our bed and the guest beds, and get all our pictures up on the walls...I would be in HEAVEN!!

2 comments:

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

I love that those things make you happy because I am the same way. Sean just doesn't get it, it must be a girl thing.

We like the Bath and Body works air freshener that you plug in. I love their scents, but once you get used to it, you don't smell it as much (thats my only complaint, but your guests can still smell it). It is pretty, though.

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Thanks! I'll have to make a trip to B&BW!! I love going in there and just smelling things...so I bet their air fresheners smell great!

Joe thinks I'm silly, but he also loves that little things totally thrill me! It means less work, and money spent on his part! :0)