Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Callings!

I'm so excited for our callings! Joe got called to be on the Missionary Committee in the Elders Quorum, and I got called to be on the Compassionate Committee in the Relief Society! What do these calling mean? For Joe, he will help the missionaries seek out people to teach and serve, along with facilitating general missionary progress throughout the ward. I will be helping to support women in the ward who are in need of service, making sure their needs are being met, as well as helping the ward do more to serve each other.

My testimony has been strengthened on how much Heavenly Father knows us individually, and on prayer. Joe had been praying for missionary opportunities, and I have been asking for ways to serve others. Because I Have Been Given Much, I Too Must Give. That is one of the mottos I live by, but I felt that I could be doing more. I think it's amazing, that both of our new callings answered our prayers. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father knows who I am, he hears my prayers, and loves me enough to be there for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thats fantistic that you both got callings. i'm happy for you both and whats up doc? love dad

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Thanks Dad!! We love you too!

Joe & Britt