Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mount Evans

Joe and I have been wanting to go to the top of Mount Evans, since we moved to Colorado.
This year, we finally went!

Unfortunately, it ended up being pretty rainy that day (it was late spring/early summer).The thick rain clouds blocked some of the view when we finally got to the top. It was still lots of fun, and very beautiful! Then it started to hail. We left shortly after that ;)
Joe wants to go back next summer. Me, on the other hand, am scared to go back. You see, you drive 14000 feet up, on a dirt road, with no rails. (this part of the road was paved)I was praying the entire way up! We'll see if by next summer, I'm brave enough to endure that again.

2 comments:

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

Wow, I don't think I could have driven on that road. I would have been peeing my pants and crying the entire time. You're so brave! :0)

I love that picture of you guys in the wind and hail, it's funny!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

I think I did a little of both those ;)

I love that picture too! It cracks me up!