Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my Dad's birthday. This is Joe posting by the way. I couldn't let Brittany have all of the birthday fun... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD. We LOVE and miss you very much. All of the years that I spent growing up with Dad, I always wanted to put him on the spot. Now here's my chance!

My Dad is an interesting guy. He can fix just about anything, can make you laugh with a simple comment, is a big teddy bear, and has a powerful testimony of the Gospel. He has always been there for my brother, sister, and I. We all respect and love him dearly, and wouldn't know what to do without him. I am so grateful that we can celebrate yet another notch on the belt with my OLD MAN. To celebrate his birthday, I would like to share some experiences with you for some kicks and giggles.

First of all, You can't beat this! This is my Dad's senior picture. CLASSIC!
Next, we have the following goofy sunset pic from his recent trip to Colorado ...
My Dad threw me a sweet graduation party. He's always trying to please...
I mean, just look at this. He's guarding my parking spot the day of my wedding. Ain't no one parking here... LOL
Dad and Marky on her graduation day.
Dad leading Chris into battle. I wouldn't mind someone like Dad watching my back. Just imagine what he could do with that cane...LOL
This was his idea of a simple project...building and ARMY TANK! And yes, it does work, is remote controlled, and shoots stuff!
My Dad and I working on the old garage back in New York during 2005. I miss home...
Just before Brittany and I left home for Colorado... This was a very sad day.
Dad baptizing Marky when she was 8. We were all so happy for Marky that day, but no one more than my Dad.
Dad walking around the 16th Street Mall in Denver, Colorado.
All of us at the Denver Aquarium. I think Dad could have taken the shark. Anyone else think so?
Dad's first trip on the Light Rail. Don't let him kid you. He loved it.
The boys out hunting clay pigeons. Check out the video below to see Dad shoot a shotty...
This is Dad firing a shotgun "1 time". Um, I counted like 2, and he missed both clays LOL.


To funny. Dad thinks he's the the man with a handgun.


Finally, one of my favorites! Dad, I miss you and LOVE you. Happy Birthday. I can't wait to take some more pictures like this soon!

4 comments:

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Happy Birthday Dad!

I'm very grateful to have such a wonderful Father in Law! One who loves his kids with all of his heart.

Love You,
Brittany

Anonymous said...

Hi dad happy Birth day the big 55! weird ur 55 i love you very much and im thankful i picked you out to be my dad in the pre-existance im thankful for your love and testimony im thankful for you even though sometimes we dis agree your a big cheese ball but only i can call you that im thankful that you are always there, i dont know what ill do when you get a chance to return with heavenly father but i will miss you verymuch unitll i can see you again! remember endure to the end with a steadfastnest in christ and to use the atonement and every thing else will fall into place I LOVE YOU and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

love your son christopher

Anonymous said...

hiiiii Alexanderrrr!

I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthdayyy! Sorry i couldnt see you today.. but hopefully i'll be up soon so i can have a piece of the cake toooo! :)

I hope that just because your 55 you dont think your old. You still have a lot of life to look forward to and i hope that im in the future with you! Happy Birthday big guyy!

:) Corinne!

Unknown said...

happy 55 birthday :)
i'm glad that you liked your presents and had a good day. your a great father and i love you very much
love ya
marky