Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Course 2 of My Cake Decorating Class

Well, I've completed course 2.
It was so much fun, and I learned lots of neat things (mostly flowers)
This time we didn't have to make a cake, and bring it to class to decorate. We just had to bring all the frosting we would need to practice what we were learning in class. It was kinda nice to not have to make a cake every week, but it also meant we didn't get to decorate anything, showing what we had just learned. That part was kinda a bummer.

Week 1 we learned how to make rosettes, a reversed shell, rose buds and chrysanthemums (chrysanthemum)

Week 2 I was wasn't there because I was sick, but they covered the apple blossom, violet, and the violet leaf.

Week 3 we learned how to make the Victorian rose (same technique as the the regular rose, you just use a different tip), Daisy, daffodil, primrose, and pansy.
Week 3 I learned that I really like primroses, and daffodils, but I can't do a daisy to save my life! (daffodil)(Victorian rose)(primrose)

For week 4, we had to make all the flowers we've learned, at home, as well as make a 2 layered oval cake to bring to class.
In class we learned how to do a basket weave, and a rope border. Then we decorated our cakes, with the new techniques we had just learned, and with the flowers we had made at home.
I had planned to skip the basket weave on my cake, because I knew there was no way my hands would be able withstand it, because of my arthritis. My sweet teacher told me to do as much as my hands could take, and she would finish the rest. I only made it to 1/4 of the way through, and then she finished the basket weave. Isn't she sweet?!(my friend Julie, and her fabulous cake!)

(the side of my cake)

Once again, I'm a proud mama of my cake, and I'm really happy to be taking these courses!It's been fun learning to do lots of new things, and meeting up with a friend each week, to do something fun together!!

Next week we start course 3!

4 comments:

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

How fun! I am so impressed! Do you ever look at the Cake Wrecks blog? It's funny and you might get a kick out of it because you are taking this class.

I just realized that you might think I told you about that blog because I think you made a cake wreck! I promise I didn't! I just love the blog and I thought you might, too!

cakewrecks.blogspot.com

:Deliciously Healthy said...

You're funny! I didn't think that at all! I'll check it out :0)

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Hey Jen,
I just checked it out! That "Sarcasm" post is SO funny! Thanks for the link!

Nikki said...

Wow your cake looks amazing, you did a wonderful job. Oh I need to look for classes here and start over. Your flowers are perfect. GOOD JOB!