On the 4th of July, Joe's Dad, Brother Chris, and Sister Marky flew in from Upstate New York to visit us! They are our 1st guests since moving into our house. It was exciting for Joe and I to get our home all ready for them! They will be here for 10 days, and we are SO happy to have them here! 

Our guest bedrooms are occupied.
Our house is warm,
and our hearts are full.
Our house is warm,
and our hearts are full.




4 comments:
How fun! I hope you guys are having a great time. I'm jealous and I wish it was us visiting!
So...it's July...has Joe heard anything exciting about his job lately? :)
I wish you guys were visiting too!
Actually, a lot has happened at his work. The security director that wanted to hire him, got fired a few days ago. They decided to get rid of the security team all together (which is really really stupid), and they are going to hire an outside company to do all the security for them. He has also had a lot of tough days at work (his boss thinks Joe talks and types too fast, and chewed him out for it). When he comes home from work unhappy, I say "I think we are supposed to move to Utah." and he says "I think so too." After his family leaves, we will start discussing what we are going to do. Change is hard for Joe. He wants to move to Utah, it's just scary for him to make the leap. He is going to need a little help from me :)
That sucks that things are going that way for Joe. I'm with you...when things like that start happening at a time that I am making decisions, I take them as an answer. It's interesting that you guys said you would wait until July to make the decision, then July comes and these things start happening. Joe doesn't deserve to be treated that way and he probaby would be better appreciated somewhere else.
Change really is hard, isn't it? The good part is that you wouldn't be moving somewhere where you don't have a support system. We'd love to help you guys however we can!!
Every time I would pray to Heavenly Father, asking if we should move to Utah, I would ask him if he could make things fall into place to the way we should go. So if things started going really great at his work, I would take it as we should stay. And if things started to go wrong, I would take it as we should go. Joe has NEVER had problems at his work. His boss has always been a little difficult...but it has never been an issue. Lately his boss has been getting on him for the most ridiculous things. So when things started going wrong, about a week ago, I took it as an answer. I just hope, if we are meant to move to Utah, things will continue to fall into place. Like selling or renting the house, finding a good job out there, and finding a house.
Joe has worked really hard to get where he's at in his career. It's really scary for him to make such a big life change, because he is afraid he could jeopardize all the progress he has made.
Thanks! that is really comforting!
Post a Comment