Kisses and I, both have surgery coming up.
Kisses surgery is Friday, March 6th. She has a cyst on her nose that doesn't want to go away. We took her to the vet a few months ago and they gave her some antibiotics, and ointment to help treat the cyst. Her vet said that if it comes back, then it means that they are going to have to do surgery to take out the root. We hoped that the antibiotics would take care of it, which they did...but of course it came back. Since then it comes and goes....and comes and goes (sigh).
While she is under, we thought we would go ahead and have her teeth cleaned as well, so she can have some pearly whites to go along with that smile that I love!
My surgery is on Friday, March 13th. I have a torn meniscus in both of my knees, and have for a while now. We found out that I had a torn meniscus, because every time I would bend my knees past a certain point, they would get stuck...flat out stuck! It makes me cringe to think about it. I would usually be able to get it unstuck by my self, but the last time, I wasn't so lucky. It took an ER Doctor (who is also my orthopedic surgeon) to get it unstuck for me. That was a year ago, and ever since then, I have been very careful not to bend them past that certain point. It will be very nice to not have to worry so much anymore.
While my Doctor is all up in my knees, he wants to check them out with his own eyes to see how long they will be able to put off knee replacements. (My Lupus and RA specialist, and my orthopedic surgeon are husband and wife! Isn't that nice?! I feel like they are both working together to make me the best I can be, physically.)
I'm excited for my surgery...and not so excited at the same time. I'm excited to be able to bend my knees, but I'm not excited for the anesthesia and pain medicine (they make me horribly sick, at least they did when I got my shoulder surgery), I'm not excited for the recovery time, and I'm not excited to hear what the Doctor's prognoses is for my knees. I would like to continue to pretend that everything is fine...just fine.
I take comfort in the fact that Joe will be by my side through the surgery, through the recovery...through what ever may come, and for all my life. I love him.
While my Doctor is all up in my knees, he wants to check them out with his own eyes to see how long they will be able to put off knee replacements. (My Lupus and RA specialist, and my orthopedic surgeon are husband and wife! Isn't that nice?! I feel like they are both working together to make me the best I can be, physically.)
I'm excited for my surgery...and not so excited at the same time. I'm excited to be able to bend my knees, but I'm not excited for the anesthesia and pain medicine (they make me horribly sick, at least they did when I got my shoulder surgery), I'm not excited for the recovery time, and I'm not excited to hear what the Doctor's prognoses is for my knees. I would like to continue to pretend that everything is fine...just fine.
I take comfort in the fact that Joe will be by my side through the surgery, through the recovery...through what ever may come, and for all my life. I love him.




2 comments:
Good luck!! We'll be thinking of you and we'll be waiting to hear how it goes!
Yes, good luck to the both of you!
The Shack, is very emotional and some of it maybe hard to read (it makes your heart ache), but it is very uplifting and spiritual too.
Post a Comment