We started getting ready for my surgery the night before. First we went to Kohls to get me some comfortable clothes for surgery. When we first walked into Kohls, my eye spotted a fabulous watch, and I stopped to look at it for a second. Then I hurried myself along, leaving the watch behind, because they were closing in 30min, and I had shopping to do. Joe helped me pick out some workout pants, and a new comfortable T-shirt. As we were leaving Kohls, Joe skillfully slid on the watch that I had wanted onto my wrist (It is one of those watches that you kinda just snap onto your wrist)! Then he wished me luck on my surgery.
Joe is just so awesome! He is always taking care of me, making me feel so very loved, and he always gives me little surprises! I love him!
After that he took me to T.G.I. Friday's for dinner, because past midnight, I could not eat until after my surgery...so he made sure to get me good and full! It did not hold me over until after my surgery was done (I was starving!), but it was Mmm...good!
Joe is just so awesome! He is always taking care of me, making me feel so very loved, and he always gives me little surprises! I love him!
I wasn't nervous for my surgery, until we were on the ride over there, but Joe helped calm my nerves.
We were 20min late (we didn't think there would be traffic at 1:30pm...there usually isn't). Once I got there, I had 4 nurses rushing to work on me, and asking me lots of questions, so they could start my surgery on time.
When I was almost ready to leave, they brought Joe in to say bye to me. The nurse had a syringe of sedative in her hand, and she kept telling Joe to say bye to me, because once she put the sedative in my IV, I would be acting funny. Boy was she right! As soon as she did, I started laughing for no real reason! Joe gave me a kiss goodbye, and that is the last thing I remember clearly. After that, everything felt like a dream. I remember being wheeled away, I remember a guy putting a gas mask on my face, and I remember them telling me to switch beds.
I woke up in an unfamiliar room. Everything felt so much like a dream...that I thought it was all just a dream, the surgery and everything. When I woke up, I was so confused and disappointed that this was all actually happening, that I started crying. Then one of the nurses came in and told me Joe was not there...then I really started crying!! She comforted me, and explained that he had to go get a wheelchair for me. The wheelchair place was closing at 5PM and he only had 10 minutes to pick it up once they arranged for the wheelchair prescription. Once the nurse explained this to me I felt better. She left the room exclaiming, "He's a keeper!"
Joe came in a little while later, and I was so happy to see him!
Obviously, this news has been a little hard to swallow. I'm only 21! I can't figure out how it got to this point! I have been avoiding thinking about it too much. I can't wait to talk to my doctor, and get the whole story.
My recovery has been OK. My knees are sore, and I'm a little dizzy from the pain medicine, but it's nothing I can't handle.
Joe has been amazing! He has been by my side helping me with everything, and keeping me company. Last night I slept on the couch, and Joe came down every 2 hours to help me go to the bathroom! He is my Angel, and I am so blessed to have him!
(Joe being my nurse :)
I will give you more up-dates when I have my doctor appointment.
I will give you more up-dates when I have my doctor appointment.




5 comments:
I'm so glad to see this post, we have been thinking about you and wondering how everything went.
Joe, we're so impressed with your nursing skills!! :)
That's terrible news about your replacements! So what does that mean? What do they replace them with? What would your recovery be like? I have a million questions!!! :)
I have a million questions too! All I really know is that they will be replaced with a fake joint. I will learn more at my follow up doctor appointment...I'm writing down all of my questions!
Thank you for thinking of me...it's comforting during this challenging time.
Brittany
Wow, we are glad that the surgery went well, but wow that is huge that he thinks that there's a chance you'll need knee replacement. I hope kisses doesn't have any further problems, she looks happy for just having a surgery! You and Joe are quite a couple, you should really write a book!
I'm sending another package for Kismet this week, it has alot of summer clothes, diapers, a toy barn with animals that Audi got for christmas (she opened it but its like brand new, she had 2 the same), and misc. stuff.
Hey, Darin was trying to call and discovered he doesn't have the right number for you. If you have his number maybe you could call, cause I know you don't want to leave it on the computer.
Hope the recovery is going well, we are all thinking about you!
I mailed the package out Tuesday, so it might make it there by the weekend or the beginning of next week.
joseph and brit, I love you both
with all my heart. I fianally got
to see your beautiful blog,and to
see your faces made me want to cry
because I miss you so much. Brit,
my prayers are with you for your
poor knees. I wish I could be there
with you and Joseph to help you out. Your little dogs are so cute. I will try to write you soon.Take care.Love,always&forever,MoM.3/19/
2:30 pm.Iloveyou....
Post a Comment