Day one: Kisses
We got Kisses a few months after moving to Colorado. I had been asking Joe for a couple months if we could get a dog, but he was a little hesitant, since we lived in an apartment. One boring Saturday he came out of the bedroom and said "You want to go to the Dumb Friends League?" I hopped on my shoes and jumped in the car before he could change his mind. When we got there we looked and looked, and could not find a dog we liked. By this time we had been there for an hour and a half, and we were both done. Joe told me he was going to go see if they had any dogs down stairs, and when he got back we would leave. I kept looking at the door to the room that all the dogs were in, and I had an urge to look one more time. I resisted, because I had walked through those doors at least 5 times by now, and I knew there was nothing I hadn't seen. Although the urge would not go away, so I thought "Well it beats standing here waiting." In the room were about 6 little rooms all lined up on after the other. In each room there would be about 5 to 6 dogs. I peaked in her room, and said to myself, "Nope nothing there." I started to walk past her room to go on to the next, and it was as if someone had a rope tied to my waist, stopping me from going any further. So I turned around, looked in her room again, and said the same thing to myself. I tried walking away, and I felt the same feeling as before. So I went into her room for the third time, and again I thought "Nope nothing there." As I walked away this time I got a horrible feeling in my stomach. So I said out loud, "This is the last time, and then I am leaving!!" I walked in her room one last time, and that was when I saw her. I still don't know if she was in there the whole time, or if she had just been brought in as I was yelling out loud to myself. When I saw her, the feeling in my stomach went away, although I wasn't instantly in love. I simply knew we had to at least look at this dog. I walked out, and just then Joe came up the stairs. I told him we had to look at a dog, and he said "Could we please go home." I told him, "Trust me, if we don't look at this dog, we won't be able to leave." Joe was sitting on the floor when they brought her in, and she immediately sat in his lap, and started licking his face. That sealed the deal...she was ours, and her name was Kisses.




5 comments:
What a cute dog!
both of your dogs are sooo cute
kisses is soo cute she kinda looks like star but my dog is cuter lol
Joseph ! I heard U sleep with the dogs, but U did'nt have to prove it to me. !!!!! l o l !!!!!!
love YOUR DAD
Thanks Dad. I learn from the BEST!
Love,
Joe
Post a Comment