A lot has happened in our lives these past 3 1/2 years, so I will start from the beginning.
3 months after getting married we decided we wanted to move to Colorado, and 2 weeks later we were here!! We stuffed his mustang with everything we could fit, and practically drove across America on a tank full of dreams. I know that sounds completely corny, but it was how we felt. It was a very exciting time in our lives! We could not wait to see what the world had in store for us young newlyweds.
Joe started attending ITT-Tech to achieve his associates in computer networking administration, and his bachelors in information security systems. He is also planning on getting his Masters in information technology. Joe, through his hard work climbed up the career ladder quickly. Two years after moving to Colorado, he successfully started his career. He is a systems administrator for a health care company. It is his ultimate goal to become a security systems administrator and one day become an IT security director. Although becoming a systems administrator was his first goal, and a necessary step towards becoming a security director.
In September 2007 we decided to build our first home, through KB Homes. This was another exciting time in our lives! It was so much fun to go to the home studio, and pick out everything from our carpet and floors, cabinets and light fixtures, to the door handles and the color of the outside of our house!! It was even funner to come every week and watch our home be built from the ground up! Seeing the things we had selected from the home studio being put in our house, was like opening a big present every week!
(Our basement)
(Framing from the up stairs looking over into the living room)
(Dry wall from the family room into the kitchen and breakfast nook)
(Kitchen nearly complete. The appliances got there the day we closed on the house.)
(Dry wall going downstairs into the breakfast nook)
(One of my favorite spots in the house, the bath tub in the master bathroom. I had to fight Joe on this one, He wanted the stand up shower with a sitting bench inside the shower.. As you can see I won!)
On April 30th-08 the house was done being built, and we bought our first home!!
Joe and I are both excited to continue to live out our dreams together, and see what the future has in store for us! Joe will be graduating with his Bachelors degree next year...he is excited! We are also in the process of starting our own computer consulting company. When we do, I will work from home handling the secretary side of the business. With in the next year we are hoping to start a whole new chapter in our lives, by starting to plan for a family!
I love my husband, I love my family, and I love Heavenly Father for many reasons, but one being for how much he has blessed Joe and I! We are truly grateful.
And that is our story so far...
Now that you have been completely caught up with us, we are excited to unravel our many memories to come, with you reading along with us!




2 comments:
I can't believe how young you guys look in that first picture! Your new house is beautiful, I love it!
Your dogs are really cute, we have 3 crazy ones of our own (small), 1 rabbit, and 5 fish! The house looks great, I can't wait till we have the opportunity to have our own home too, but we are pretty fortunate now. I know I've heard how you guys had meet before, but it is a cool story, you should write a book about it :) It's one of those love stories that girls would eat up!
Post a Comment